Climb the majestical peaks of Mt Kinabalu, the highest peak in Southeast Asia
2DAYS/1 NIGHT (RM 780) Includes: Mountain guide, Climbing permits, Climbing Insurance, Meals as per itinerary, and accommodation (Dorm).
Note: Please try and book in advance to secure your climbing permit!
Mount Kinabalu is the highest mountain in South-east Asia at 4,101 metres, and offers a unique climb from tropical luxuriance through oak forest to the rocky sub-alpine summit plateau. One of the biggest attractions of Kinabalu is the range of exotic plants – such as the pitcher plant. As one ascends the mountain the climate changes and so do the plants. Bamboo, mosses, orchids, rotans, lichens and pitcher plants are in abundance. The insect life is also very impressive and an immensely rich variety of bird and animal species are encountered. The following morning the arrival of daylight reveals the remarkable summit plateau of the mountain, a vast expanse of smooth rock with a unusual assortment of rocky pinnacles rising from below. It’s truly a unique experience.
SCHEDULE (download PDF itinerary)
Day 1 @ 06:30 hrs - KOTA KINABALU-KINABALU PARK-MT CLIMB-LABAN RATA
- Take Public Bus and proceed to Kinabalu Park traversing the Crocker Range with panoramic view of the surrounding hills, the focal point of which is Mt Kinabalu.
- Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, collect your box lunch, proceed to the Park Registration office to register for your Mt Kinabalu summit climbs and meet your Mt Guide.
- Note: Sabah Park requires a photocopy of your passport / identity card for registration
- Thereafter you will be transferred to Timpohon Gate (1,829m) where your climb begin to Laban Rata (3,353m)
- Dinner at Laban Rata Resthouse
- Overnight at Mt Hut Dormitory Bed.
- Meals Included: Lunch and dinner
Day 2 @ 02:30 hrs - LABAN RATA-LOW’S PEAK-KOTA KINABALU
- Continue climb to the summit of Mt Kinabalu (4,095.20m)
- At Low’s peak marvel at the glorious sunrise if weather permits.
- Breakfast at Laban Rata Resthouse
- Descend to Timpohon Gate
- Pick-up from Timpohon Gate and transfer to Park Registration Office where you can get a certificate for RM10 each if you have successfully conquered Mt Kinabalu.
- Lunch at Kinabalu Balsam Restaurant
- Meals Included: Early Supper, Breakfast and lunch
Day 2 @ 16:00 hrs - Park Office
- Wait outside Park Registration office to catch a coach/van back to Kota Kinabalu/Hotel
- Please be on time. otherwise you will need to make your own alternative transportation back to kota kinabalu
WHAT TO BRING
Good walking shoes or trainers, Light Rain jacket, Warm clothes for when you reach the peak (gloves, hat, jumper/jacket), Mosquito repellent, Sun tan lotion, Small change for souvenirs, Water, Camera!
Mount Kinabalu National Park & Poring Hot Springs
Don't want to climb Mount Kinabalu? There is still lot's to enjoy at the base of the mountain, including botanical gardens and all-natural hot springs.
(inc: main entrance fee, lunch, canopy walk, transport and guide) RM.190
From Kota Kinabalu meander through the mountain to the Head Quarters stopping off at local markets along the way. Guided tour around the park, with a choice of trails and botanical gardens. Then head towards Poring hot springs--for a soak in the springs and a walk along the canopy high up in the trees!
*Price valid until DEC 31 2014 and subject to change without notice